Using Pfaff 3D/4D/5D for Grand Hoop Designs
This is a comprehensive tutorial on how to uset software in conjunction with the Grand Hoop covering:
- How to correctly open Grand Hoop designs
- The use, advantages and disadvantages of the Send 1 option
- How to use a Maxi stitch in the Machine fonts to create a Grand Hoop design just like the new Fabric Decorator.
- Using text in the Grand Hoop
- Customizing designs in the Grand Hoop
- How to use the included basting designs to help with alignment instead of using points
- How to print out templates of Grand Hoop designs
- How to view entire Grand Hoop designs in the Vision module
Fitting Designs into the Grand Hoop
Step by step description of how to cut existing designs that are too large for the Pfaff large hoop so that they fit into the Grand Hoop. Two examples are described showing how you can use the editing features in the software to split and recombine designs. The first example is a relatively easy design to split as it has elements that are spaced apart. The second example is a large floral design with a detailed outline.( pictured above) This design is split with the software and recombined in the Grand Hoop with images of both the stages in the software and actual stitch outs of the process.